Azure Stack at Beyond.pl Has Been Launched!
“After three months of intensive work with our technology partners we finally launched the Microsoft Azure Stack on the production platform at Data Center 2. We are ready to provide services not only in terms of technology, but also in terms of administration,” says Maciej Madziala, IT Solutions Architect, who at Beyond.pl was responsible for implementing the solution. This is the first such implementation in Central Eastern Europe.
Beyond.pl as a cloud service provider offers not only access to Azure Stack from Data Center 2, but also allows to extend the infrastructure with Microsoft’s global resources within a single agreement.
Microsoft Azure and Azure Stack have compatible API and almost identical administration panel with the same naming convention and operation rules. Azure Stack at Beyond.pl and Azure have also the same architecture. The service has been implemented in the connected mode to ensure the maximum integrity.
Dell EMC is the provider of the equipment as it won the tender organized by Beyond.pl. It delivered the entire physical infrastructure, which was a ready-to-use server rack. At this moment Microsoft allows for the exploitation of one 12 node scale unit. “If a client needs large, dedicated resources, we are able to offer Azure Stack as a service and ensure a private solution of 4/8/12 nodes,” highlights Maciej Madziala from Beyond.pl.
Microsoft Azure Stack in Poland – benefits for business:
- Security – the highest standard of data protection confirmed by certificates.
- Ease of management – a compatible set of PaaS tools and a quick launch of the service. Access to public and private cloud.
- Customer support – availability around the clock of Service Desk team and help from Microsoft experts. Full IT administration of the Azure products.
- Location – global Microsoft Azure services available from a local data center. Storage of personal data in Poland.
- Business continuity – high data availability thanks to fault tolerant infrastructure. Guaranteed SLA 99,95%.
- Carrier neutrality – access to over 20 domestic and international telecom operators.
“We have already signed an agreement with the first client. It is a company from abroad, which wanted to store data in Poland,” says Bartlomiej Danek, Deputy CEO of Beyond.pl. “We were receiving requests for a proposal, when the architecture was still being tested, what actually best illustrates the demand for this type of service. The strength of Beyond.pl is supposed to be the flexibility of solutions and freedom of choice of the virtualizer by the client. Today, along with our flagship services, namely Cloud for Business based on VMware and e24cloud, we also offer the Microsoft’s PaaS hybrid platform. This is a huge business and technological success,” ends the board member.
Azure Stack is an extension of Azure cloud available from the local data center. It allows companies to build advanced applications in the cloud using PaaS tools (i.a. IoT HUB, Service Fabric, LoadBalancer, MS SQL Database) in a hybrid model. As an example, personal data or ERP systems can be stored in a local data center in Poznan and the lighter-weight applications in the Azure cloud.